Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shove it All in a Wooden Box

I took a floral design course a while back, and I will not lie, I was not the most creative student. In recent weeks I have poured over picture after picture of beautiful arrangements and wish I could make something as beautiful. I thought, what the heck I will give it another try! How hard is it to shove everything in a wooden box? ;)

So here we go!


I wanted to have simple colors so I stuck to white and green. I was able to score most of my flowers for a good deal at Hobby Lobby (50% off). Never pay full price for flowers they usually go on sale regularly. I would recommend purchasing more flowers than you think you need (plus it makes sure you get the sale price:). I had to go back to the store a couple times. The first time I didn't get enough and the second time I wanted to exchange for something else. If you do have to many you can always take them back.

I got Calla Lilies, Hydrangeas, Baby's Breath, and flowering branches. I went back to get some white roses, and trailing greenery. I picked a nice dark distressed wooden container and cut floral foam to fit. It took me a while to decide and arrange my flowers putting them in and taking them out. At the end my floral foam was barely holding together. I have thought about cutting a new piece, but I haven't gotten to it yet.



Just to put in a plug for Hobby Lobby flowers I LOVE them. I'm not a fan of the fabric flowers to me they look too fake. The flowers that I purchased were made more of a plasticy material making them look very real.

All in all I think it turned out pretty well for a basic design! Just looking at the pictures makes me want to do just a teenie bit of tweaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment