Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back from the Bahamas?

 Okay, now that I'm back from my absence vacation it's time to get back to work! (Ya don't believe it I've never been to the Bahamas, but I would love to) Here is what I used for my Fall/Halloween decorations this year. Recently I have been trying to change up my "style," it has been slow, but I'm hoping things will fall into place.

So turquoise is not your typical fall color, but I was going for something new and different. I think overall it came out looking pretty amazing if I do say so myself.
 This vintage sign was a pinterest find from the amazing Ella Claire Blog. I followed her tutorial and used her designed graphics. I wanted mine to be more white with subtle distressing, so I covered my under color with more white paint than she did. I was a little nervous to do the painting process, but in the end I just plunged into it, and I am thrilled with the outcome. It has got me thinking about a potential Christmas sign to go in it's spot next month.

I took the pictures before I got my photos into the frames. I ended up finding some old Halloween photos of my brothers and I when we were little all dressed up.
 I love these little pumpkins, I used them last year and love their stripes. I never get around to buying pumpkins before all those amazing white pumpkins get bought. I figure these are the next best thing. I found them at Walmart both years.
 This white plate was a find from Pier One. That place has been one of my favorite splurging places. I don't know if you can see it in the picture very well, but it has a slight scallop and design. I just couldn't walk out without it.
 This little plate was a House of Smith Halloween decal that I purchased and applied to a plate found at Tai Pan Trading.
 This 31 was also a House of Smith Halloween Decal. I backed my picture frame with some scrapbooking paper. When trying to get the glass back in I was a little to impatient and broke the corner, and of course I had to brake it after I had stuck the decal on. Oh well, so goes it. Nothing a little decor strategically placed won't fix.

Well, Happy Halloween, oh wait, Happy Belated Halloween?
Hopefully there won't be a year long vacation in between each post, wink wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment